How To Make Your Own Geode Cupcakes and Cookies For Your Daughter's Birthday Party.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Preferred cake mix
- Cupcake pans & liners
- Sugar cookies
- Royal icing for cookies
- Buttercream icing for cupcakes
- Rock candies
- Basic baking tools
- After cupcakes are cooled, apply buttercream icing.
- Follow the same directions for the cookies, using royal icing instead of buttercream.
- Using two complementary colors of rock candy, arrange them to form a geode shape on top of the icing
- You can use a little food coloring diluted with water and a paintbrush to fill in gaps and smooth out color transitions.
Recipe credit: JOANN